Rubbermaid sent me their Hidden Recycler to try. I was pretty excited to get this product because my husband usually just puts his soda/lemonade cans on the counter and once there are quite a few ugly cans on my counter I walk out to the shop and put them in the recycle bin that we have. Now that I received the product, I am even more excited that the cans are not on the counter; no more looking at the recyclables!
The Hidden Recycler is a new product from Rubbermaid. And I think it is very well thought out. Some of the features that I really like are:
- That it is “hidden” and out of sight – it attaches to the inside of a cupboard door using either the provided hooks or screws (the screws are not provided because if you choose to use this option, you need to get screws based on the depth of the cabinet door).
- The inside of the bag is a leak proof liner that can be easily cleaned and resists stains.
- The bag has a 5 gallon capacity. Rubbermaid says it holds 36 twelve ounce uncrushed cans; however I did not test this. Milk jugs also fit inside.
- It has a handle that attaches to the bag. The handle attaches to the lid which stays on the door. This makes it super easy to take the bag off and transport it wherever needed.
- The bag and packaging is all made from recyclable material.
- The bag is machine washable.
- I like that it has a lid.
- The product is not heavy but it seems durable.
- It was VERY easy to install. No tools are required unless you are going to screw it to the cabinet door.
- I like the grey color because it does not stand out and matches our black appliances.
- It is reasonably priced.
- There is a handle on the back towards the bottom to make it easier to dump out. Once the contents are in the bag, you really don’t have to touch them again.
The only thing that I didn’t really like at first, is that the cabinet that I put it on is kind of small so I have to open both doors to get it out. But this is a very very minor detail and all the benefits strongly outweigh this. I would much rather have to open both doors and have a roomy place to put the recyclables than for the recycler to be smaller.
The Hidden Recycler is definitely a convenience item for me. I like not having to take the recyclables outside all the time. If you do not have use for a recycle bin, you could also use this to store things such as plastic bags, cleaning rags, or even the kitchen dish towels that need laundered.
The Hidden Recycler is available for purchase online at Rubbermaid.com. and in store at Meijer. Suggested retail value is $15.99.
Check out Rubbermaid’s blog for great tips on organizing!
Rubbermaid has offered to sponsor a giveaway of one Hidden Recycler to one lucky reader so they can try it for themselves! The suggested retail value is $15.99. Please complete the entries using Rafflecopter below. It is mandatory to complete the following items: “Like” Erickson & Co. on Facebook, “Like” Rubbermaid on Facebook, and Follow me by email. If you do not do these three items, you cannot win. The rest of the entries are optional and just give you a greater chance of winning. The prize will be shipped directly to the winner (US and Canada only). I will need your name, mailing address, phone number, and email address to give to Rubbermaid for prize fulfillment. This information will not be shared with anyone else. Winner will be notified by email and will have 5 days to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
Disclosure. I received the above mentioned product free from Rubbermaid. I was not obligated to write a review whether positive or negative, or host a giveaway, in exchange for the free product. All opinions are 100% my own honest opinion. I only recommend products or services that I personally believe will be good for my readers. Blog postings are my opinions. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”